Rob brings passion and depth of experience to help startups and growing companies innovate. He’s helped build six software companies and four consulting practices and enjoys taking on new challenges to help his clients meet aggressive goals.
A former IT Strategy Consultant with Deloitte Consulting, founder of StartupNetwork, Program Manager with GE Healthcare and graduate of GE’s two-year Manufacturing Management Program (MMP now OLMP), he has a unique ability to fuse business process requirements and technology to enable digital transformation, introduce new products & services, build lasting customer & partner relationships and lead cloud, managed service & mobile app implementation projects.
He has deep experience in ITaaS, IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, managed services (MSP), customer success management (CSM), salesforce.com (SFDC), cloud computing, mobile apps, location-based services, e-commerce, ERP & CRM solutions.
His areas of expertise in management consulting include helping companies:
- Launch new products
- Scale operations
- Raise capital
- Form partnerships
- Execute M&A strategies
- Establish CSM methodologies
- Initiate & accelerate enterprise sales
Prior to starting Omnirithm, Rob spent 5 years with Astadia, a leading salesforce.com consulting firm. As a certified salesforce.com consultant, he built a new industry practice group & SaaS managed service offering in partnership with McGraw-Hill and salesforce.com helping clients in the Building Products Manufacturing & Construction industries embrace CRM. His clients included:
- Aggregate Industries: 130-user Sales Cloud implementation and rollout of Astadia’s SaaS managed service
- AGC Glass: 60-user Sales Cloud implementation and rollout of Astadia’s SaaS managed service
- Commercial Metals Company: 500-user Sales Cloud implementation and rollout of Astadia’s SaaS managed service
- RSC Equipment Rental: 850-user Sales & Service Cloud implementation, ERP integration and rollout of Astadia’s SaaS managed service (prior to United Rentals’ acquisition)
- United Rentals: 200-user Sales Cloud implementation and rollout of Astadia’s SaaS managed service
- Volvo Rents: 200-user Sales Cloud implementation and rollout of Astadia’s SaaS managed service
- Winroc: 75-user Sales Cloud implementation and rollout of Astadia’s SaaS managed service
In addition, he helped large enterprise customers in the Media, High Tech & Financial Services industries innovate with salesforce.com. His clients included:
- Avaya: 3,000-user world-wide CRM training program with custom curriculum development by salesforce.com module & country and delivered onsite & via online meetings
- Cablevision: 200-user Sales Cloud implementation, process reengineering, data migration, systems integration, business intelligence (BI) reporting, training and multi-year support services
- Penton Media: 200-user Sales Cloud implementation, data migration and training
- TD Banknorth: 350-user Sales Cloud implementation, data migration and training
- Thomson Reuters: 100-user Sales Cloud and 30-user Service Cloud implementations
Prior to Astadia, Rob led business development at Insight Direct, makers of the ServiceCEO Field Service Management software. He developed strategic partnerships and led the company’s capital raising efforts securing a $5M term sheet offer to launch ServiceCEO as a SaaS offering.
While there he also implemented salesforce.com by designing & documenting the company’s sales, channel sales, marketing and customer service processes, automating those processes by configuring salesforce.com, importing prospects, migrating the customer list and case ticket data from ACT! to salesforce.com, and training employees & channel partners in use of the new CRM system.
Early in his career, he founded StartupNetwork.com, a startup accelerator, he led business development for DesktopStandard, a former StartupNetwork.com client and desktop management software company acquired by Microsoft, he joined Deloitte Consulting’s first SAP consulting practice, and he spent four years with General Electric in various program management and operations roles.